Mobeen Rana’s practice concentrates on corporate, commercial, banking and finance, petroleum and energy, intellectual property, shipping and maritime, real estate and telecommunication laws. He regularly advises and represents clients on complex high value commercial transactions.
He has advised some of the largest multi-national corporations including World Bank Group, Qatar Petroleum, Jamshoru Joint Venture Limited, Reuters, Johnson Controls, International Industries, US Denim Mills, IGI Insurance, Standard Chartered Bank, China National Heavy Machinery Corporation etc.
He worked with the World Bank Group based in Washington DC, USA for their Doing Business Project in Pakistan and other leading law firms. He is a member of the Bar of England & Wales, American Bar Association, American Society of International Law, Punjab Bar Council and Lahore High Court Bar Association. He is also a Member Conference Committee of London Liberal Democrats. He is the recipient of the prestigious National Talent Scholarship awarded by the Government of Pakistan.
Mobeen Rana is a Barrister-at-Law of Lincolns Inn, London and law graduate with LL.B (Hons) from University of London. He later earned his postgraduate qualification in law PGDL from City University London.
- Advised Johnson Controls on business restructuring in Pakistan.
- Advised International Industries Limited on international trade dispute concerning the imposition of antidumping and countervailing duties.
- Advised China National Heavy Machinery Corporation on EPC Contracts worth USD 300 Million with a local sponsor.
- Advised Reuters for the enforcement of supply and distribution contract with a local entity
- Advised World Bank Group on the Doing Business Project in Pakistan for 2015 and 2016
- Advising Thomson Reuters on the regulatory requirements of doing business in Pakistan
- Advised Jamshoru Joint Venture Limited (JJVL) under the competition laws of Pakistan
- Advising ICC Commission on Intellectual Property for development of international laws relating to Labelling and Packaging requirements.
- Lending & Taking in Pakistan, Global Finance Practice Guide (PLC), 2015
- Private Client Laws in Pakistan, Global Private Client Practice Guide (PLC),2015
- Foreign Investments & Joint Ventures in Pakistan, (IR) 2016
- Analysis on Oil & Gas Laws Development in Pakistan, (IR) 2016
- Commercial Dispute Resolution in Pakistan, (IR) 2015
- Merger Control Laws in Pakistan, (IR) 2015